Hi quest ,  welcome  |  sign in  |  registered now  |  need help ?

Can I Use the Law of Attraction to Lose Weight?

Written By masgari on Sunday, March 13, 2011 | 9:12 AM

Law of Attraction to Lose WeightDo you live in a body you love?

For many years I hated my body. I was obese, depressed and ill. I didn’t want to be seen or touched because that meant others would notice my fat. I wanted to lose 50 pounds, but I thought that losing weight meant deprivation. Now I know that losing weight doesn’t require deprivation, but losing weight in a healthy manner does require you to love and appreciate yourself.

After losing over 60 pounds (instead of just 50), I now realize that you cannot hate yourself and create a healthy body. To live in a healthy body you must love and care for yourself. Many people in the United States, and around the world, have been introduced to the Law of Attraction thru the book and/or the movie, “The Secret.” The book contains some information about attracting weight loss, but most people that I have spoken with have a hard time putting that into action on their own.

One reason it can be hard for so many is because of personal underlying beliefs. The Secret states that “You must imagine, pretend, act as if, make believe, that the perfect weight is yours.” The problem with that statement is that most people have underlying beliefs that cancel out the vibrations from the thoughts they are “pretending,” causing them to lose heart and give up before they can turn their “pretend” thoughts into feeling beliefs.

Another confusing statement from the book is “Don’t buy clothes at your current weight.” Having read that statement can create a lot of anxiety in someone who is overweight and has a need for new clothes NOW. Law of Attraction can’t bring you the good you want when you are feeling bad and full of anxiety.

Law of Attraction to Lose WeightPersonally, it was a positive experience for me to purchase new clothes when I was ready to lose weight. I decided that I needed to dress well in clothes that fit me and made me feel good. I had to find that feeling place of loving my body.

We are all unique individuals. We have all lived our own life and we interpret the occurrences in our life thru our own eyes, our own personal beliefs. The Law of Attraction works for everyone, every time, but we aren’t all coming from the same base of beliefs and experiences.

Some people can take the advice to not buy clothes at their current weight and move toward the weight they desire. Others can take that same piece of advice and feel unworthy of feeling good, unworthy of looking nice. They might focus on the idea of “I look bad.”

Before I could let go of my excess weight, I had to begin to love my body. I began by thoughtfully answering this difficult question: What are 5 things that you love about your body right now?

That question was almost painful for me to answer. I had put so much energy into hating my fat body! When I was able to come up with five things that I could love about my body, and I began feeling grateful for the good in my body, that was when I began to find some love and caring for myself.


With the Law of Attraction, love and gratitude allow you to be open to receive the good you desire. You can lose weight using the law of attraction, but you must feel your way through it. If it doesn’t feel good to stop buying clothes in your size, find what will work for you and still feel good.

Law of Attraction to Lose WeightMaybe it’s just a matter of buying clothes that fit well and not worrying about the size; maybe you buy new clothes and use a permanent marker to alter the size on the tag. (A size 18 can easily be made to look like a size 10.) Does it make you feel good?

If it doesn’t feel right to cover the numbers on your scale with your goal weight, then find what does feel right for you. Maybe it feels better to watch the numbers going down week by week. Maybe you visualize the numbers scrolling down to a lower number and feel excited and happy.

You are the one attracting in your life. Work with your beliefs and appreciate every good thing in your life. Be conscious of how you feel and always choose ease over struggle!


Live the life you want, in the body you want.

Related Articles - lose weight, healthy lifestyle, life coach, Law of Attraction, feel good

Source : www.amazines.com/Fitness/article_detail.cfm/235201?articleid=235201